The REACHH-CAC exists to change those numbers and lead the fight against the cycle of child abuse through a stronger, more approachable model. And over the past two years, we’ve made significant progress by providing 93 forensic interviews, 35 medical exams, and therapy to 125 children in our community.
2014-2015 BY THE NUMBERS
Who We Serve
- 95% of victims knew their abuser. Abuse is a crime of secrecy.
- 75% of cases reported were sexual abuse
How Many Served
- The REACHH-CAC served 93 children
- The REACHH-CAC is seeing 50% more cases than in 2009. Because our model works, more children are coming to our CAC.
What We Provided
- 93 forensic interviews
- 125 children received therapy sessions
- 45 children received medical exams
What Caregivers Are Saying
How This Benefits Our Community
- The CAC model saved taxpayers in our community $97,371 in investigative expenses in the past two years.
- If the CAC hadn’t intervened, the estimated lifetime costs of abuse for the children we served last year would have been approximately $9,450,540
Help Us Help Children Heal.
In order to continue helping children in our community begin their path to healing from abuse, we need your help.
Every dollar you donate will go directly back to supporting children here in our local community — helping promote justice for them, connecting them to healing services, and ending the cycle of abuse.